Personal development can do a lot for a person, both inside and out. It will give more confidence and self-esteem and be a natural force of attraction with others. Learning to be your best as a means of improving your public persona will provide you with big pay-pay offs; start with the following tips.
1. Be ready to go the extra mile. When you go out of your way for people, either within the confines of your job description or not, they remember you. You made them feel valuable and for that, you will be considered a cut above the norm.
2. Don’t fear failure. It’s so easy to become bound by apprehension and second-guessing, but really successful people understand the necessity of risk and are willing to take it. Don’t hold back.
3. Use time efficiently. Being too busy causes many people to not finish within a deadline or have to cancel out on plans; most of the time, this is due to mismanagement of time. Learn to make decisions instantly, and avoid wasting time; it’s one of your most valuable resources.
4. Have a passion for business. Even if you can’t wait for a promotion or a better offer at some other company, don’t act like you’d rather be somewhere else. Having a passion for everything you do gives you an infectious energy that people love to be around.
5. Become a brand. Introduce yourself properly, get personalized stationery and make sure your name can be seen on your desk from far away. It’s one thing for people to realize what an amazing asset you are, another thing entirely for them to know and recognize your name later.
6. Emulate great leadership. Making timely decisions, providing solutions and taking responsibility will demonstrate great leadership qualities, and you will stand out from the crowd for them. Study books from great leaders and successful people in business, and show the world how suitable you are to take charge.
7. Step out of your comfort zone. Someone else’s department, something you’ve never tried before or even a subject you’re not comfortable with should all be attacked with enthusiasm. Being fearless and willing to take risks makes you a better person and really impresses other people.
8. Always give it your all. A half-hearted effort is just sloppy and will get you more eye-rolls than anything else. Dive into every project and see each of them through. Giving 110% sets you apart and makes people want you on their team.
9. Don’t ever let them see you quit. No matter how tough a project may get, giving up is not an option. Get creative in your problem solving techniques, and be the go-to person known for getting the job done, no matter what.
10. Have empathy for others. This is one of the most coveted qualities people search for in others. It gives you a fantastic edge on reading them, understanding them and helping them through things. All of this brings them to their best, and if you can do that, your value as an asset to any organization is ten-fold.
Lifting yourself in the eyes of others can benefit your personal and professional life in ways never imagined. Use the above tips to become your best and let it shine through.